Monday, February 4, 2013

Sestina

Every day I need to smile
This would not be possible without family
When together, they make me laugh
I can say the same about my friends
Without them there wouldn’t be love
 Within my life there is happiness

If I did not have happiness
I would not have a bright smile
And I wouldn’t feel the love
I am thankful for my awesome family
I am thankful for my crazy friends
They always know how to make me laugh

I enjoy snorting when I laugh
Others can feel my happiness
Snorting comes from being with friends
And so does my cheesy smile
Cheesy smiles run through my family
Home is where I find precious love

We all need to love
We all shall experience a laugh
Spend time with the family
Experience unbelievable happiness
Give a big cheesy smile
Make new friends

We can be ourselves with friends
Always feel the love
 Experience a new smile
And let out a good laugh
This will up bring happiness
Turning friends into family

We all should have what we call family
 Learn how to be great friends
Enjoy everlasting happiness
Give everybody love
Let out a hardy laugh
Always show off a smile

Without family there is no love
Without friends there is no laugh
Without happiness there is no smile

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of the tone change that comes in the second to last stanza, where you begin to issue commands to a reader. It's a to-do list. Finally, I enjoy the very real, down-to-earth inclusion of snorting. :)

    ReplyDelete